Alien: Covenant is a 2017 science fiction horror film directed and produced by Ridley Scott and written by John Logan and Dante Harper, from a story by Michael Green and Jack Paglen. A joint American and British production, the film is a sequel to Prometheus(2012), the second installment in the Alien prequel series and the sixth installment overall in the Alien film series, as well as the third directed by Scott. The film features returning star Michael Fassbender and Katherine Waterston, with Billy Crudup, Danny McBride and Demián Bichir in supporting roles. It follows the crew of a colony ship that lands on an uncharted planet and makes a terrifying discovery.
- Michael Fassbender as David 8 and Walter One, who are synthetic androids; David is an earlier-made android, who was formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus,and Walter is a newer model who assists the crew aboard the Covenant.
- Katherine Waterston as Daniels, the chief of terraforming for the Covenant mission and the wife/widow of the ship’s captain, Jacob Branson. She’s the third in command after Branson and Oram. Waterston said she was well aware of the comparisons that were going to be made between her and Sigourney Weaver’s Ellen Ripley, but that she tried not to think about it too much while filming for fear of being intimidated.
- Billy Crudup as Chris Oram, the Covenant‘s first mate and Karine’s husband. Oram is a self-serious man of faith who believes their role on the Covenant is an act of destiny, and shares a “contentious” relationship with Daniels.
- Danny McBride as Tennessee Faris, the chief pilot of the Covenant and Maggie’s husband.
- Demián Bichir as Carl Lope, the head of the security unit aboard the Covenant and husband of Sergeant Hallett.
- Carmen Ejogo as Karine Oram, the Covenant‘s biologist and Chris’ wife.
- Jussie Smollett as Ricks, the Covenant‘s navigator and Upworth’s husband.
- Callie Hernandez as Upworth, the Covenant‘s communication officer and Ricks’ wife; she also has paramedic training.
- Amy Seimetz as Maggie Faris, the lander’s pilot and Tennessee’s wife.
- Nathaniel Dean as Hallett, a member of the security unit and Lope’s husband.
- Alexander England as Ankor, a member of the security unit.
- Benjamin Rigby as Ledward, a member of the security unit.
- Uli Latukefu as Cole, a member of the security unit