Cars 3 is a 2017 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Directed by Brian Fee in his directorial debut, the screenplay was written by Kiel Murray, Bob Peterson, and Mike Rich. The film is the sequel to Cars (2006) and Cars 2 (2011) and the third installment of the Cars film series. The returning voices of Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, and Larry the Cable Guy are joined by Cristela Alonzo, Chris Cooper, Armie Hammer, Nathan Fillion, Kerry Washington, and Lea DeLaria, in addition to a dozen NASCAR personalities.In the film, Lightning McQueen sets out to prove to a new generation of high tech race cars that he is still the best race car in the world.
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen, a legendary Piston Cup veteran who lives in Route 66’s Radiator Springs; former racer for Rust-eze; #95, now crew chief to Cruz Ramirez.
- Cristela Alonzo as Cruz Ramirez,Lightning McQueen’s trainer and racing technician, who always longed to be a racer, but lacked confidence. She later becomes a yellow and blue Dinoco; #51 racer.
- Chris Cooper as Smokey, Doc’s former mechanic and crew chief, who helps Lightning McQueen train for the Florida 500.
- Nathan Fillion as Sterling, a rich business car who runs the elite training facility Rust-eze Racing Center, who challenges McQueen’s position as a racer.
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater, a jolly tow truck and Lightning McQueen’s best friend.